Fuel costs are outrageous and will probably increase significantly in the near future. Below are some simple and proven tips to reduce your fuel cost.
1. Slow Down - Reducing your highway speed 5 to 10 mph can reduce your fuel cost by 10% or more.
2. Coasting Is Your Friend - Coasting as far and safely as possible before coming to a stop will save you fuel. Many modern engines will significantly reduce the flow of fuel to the engine if you coast longer than a couple of seconds. In addition to saving gas, losing at least 1/4 to 1/3 of your speed by coasting before coming to a stop significantly reduces wear on your brakes which saves you even more money.
3. Accelerate Gradually - When starting from a stop pretend you have an egg under your foot between your foot and the gas pedal and you don't want to break the egg when you push down to accelerate. When you accelerate more gradually in any given situation you will save fuel, especially in stop and go driving conditions.
4. Increase Tire Pressure - Check with your local tire store for the maximum safe air pressure for your tires and inflate them to that pressure. Your ride might be slightly harsher depending on the type of vehicle you drive but the pay off will be some improvement in your MPG. The lower pressure ratings from the auto manufacture are primarily to provide you a slightly smoother ride however I found that it is not that big of a deal, at least not in my personal car and truck.
5. Use An Injector Cleaner / Fuel Treatment:
- Gasoline Engines - Add a high quality fuel injector cleaner to your fuel tank every 1500 to 3000 miles of driving or when your engine is not giving you top performance . DO NOT buy cheap injector cleaner. Price will typically indicate the quality of the injector cleaner. The fuel injector cleaner that I have used for many years is Pow-R Tune Injector Cleaner & Fuel Treatment. I had a shop try it and they found that after using the brand they were currently using in the shop and then immediately doing it again with Pow-R Tune Injector Cleaner & Fuel Treatment the engine ran smoother after using Pow-R Tune Injector Cleaner & Fuel Treatment. I add one 8oz bottle once a month or at every 2nd or 3rd fill up to the tank on my Nissan Altima an Frontier (making sure I always fill at no less than a 1/2 a tank) because keeping some treatment in the fuel at all times will give me better MPG on going.
The key is to ALWAYS fill your fuel tank when your tank is no less than 1/2 full. There are a couple of reasons for that. 1. It is part of your emergency storage in the event of some type of catastrophe, emergency, etc. You will always have enough fuel in an event of an emergency to get where you need to go and not have to fight the lines at a gas station in an emergency. 2. There will always be enough fuel treatment (when using a full 8 oz. bottle of Pow-R Tune Injector Cleaner & Fuel Treatment at every 2nd or 3rd fill up) left in the fuel to receive the benefits of the treatment between fill ups.
- Diesel Engines - Use a proven fuel treatment that removes carbon deposits. DFT #1500 Diesel Fuel Conditioner is effective in keeping combustion chambers and fuel injectors free of carbon deposits. DFT #1500 is used by the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S. Navy and it is certified for use in National Defense fuels but you must keep the fuel treated all the time. DFT #1500 is our primary diesel fuel treatment for our emergency standby generator customers. You could also use the Pow-R Tune Injector Cleaner & Fuel Treatment in diesel fuel to keep the fuel and combustion system clean by adding to your tank every 700 -1500 miles.
6. Flush Engine - When changing oil add an engine flush to the crankcase before changing your oil to remove the gums and varnishes that naturally form in the engine. There is a small amount of residue of dirty oil, gums and varnishes left in the engine when the oil is drained and then you add fresh clean oil to the engine to be contaminated to some degree by the residues left in the engine. We found that Pow-R Tune Oil Treatment does excellent job in removing these residues by putting them in suspension so the oil filter can capture them and when your change the oil filter they are completely removed from the engine. Via the vapors from Pow-R Tune Oil Treatment it does a good job of cleaning the emissions systems as well.
When you are calculating your MPG to get an accurate measurement you should always fill up at the same pump at the same gas station. There are a lot of variables in play here in addition to the various types of driving conditions. The level of the ground your car is sitting on at the pump can lean to the left or right slightly and/or the automatic shut off on the nozzle may shut off differently than others which can reduce or increase the amount of fuel you add to your tank each time. You could have a half a gallon or more variance which would throw off your MPG results significantly.
To measure your MPG take the miles driven on the tank and divide them by the number of gallons added to the fuel tank. Keep an ongoing record and make a guess at the percentage of city driving verses highway driving on that tank of fuel.
www.Fuelly.com is excellent free online service that lets you track, share, and compare your gas mileage. Simply sign up, add your car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, etc. and begin calculating your gas mileage.
Fuelly.com helps you calculate your vehicle's fuel economy. Tracking your usage over time can help you monitor changes to your driving habits (many of their Tips can help too) and keep tabs on the health of your vehicle (Sudden dip in economy? Perhaps it's time for service.)
You can use your smart phone's browser to enter your fill up while you are at the pump. On your phone's browser go to http://m.fuelly.com. You can save it as a bookmark and then put the bookmark on your home screen on your phone for easy access. It is not recommended to use your cell phone while you are pumping gasoline however there are no documented cases that anyone can find of gas fumes being ignited by a cell phone. Reference: TruthOrFiction.com
Please connect with me on Fuelly.com. My username is DoctorFuel.
A few years ago I installed a very cool tool on my Nissan Frontier. It is a "Scan Gauge". I highly recommend it. It will help you reduce your fuel costs just by showing you how much fuel you are using (among many other data readings) at any given moment. It will cause you to naturally change your driving habits to be more efficient. It monitors nearly every operation you can imagine on your vehicle including average and instant MPG. It even monitors the load on the engine. It goes way beyond what an MPG gauge does that typically comes on a new car from the factory.
If you ever have any questions regarding the info on my blog please feel free to contact me at the number below or send me an Email by clicking on the link at the top under my picture.
Hello, and welcome to my WordPress blog! With Global Domains International, anyone (including you) can create and host their own WordPress blog at their own custom .WS domain. In addition to my WordPress blog, I also have access to the following products:
Global Domains International is the official registry for all .WS domain names. When I began my 7-day FREE trial with GDI, I selected my own personal .WS domain name to use in conjunction with all provided services, such as hosting my own blog, website, and using truly personalized email.
GDI WebMail allows me to use my own domain name as my email address and I can access my email through my account from any Internet connection in the world!
Instead of using a long and hard to remember email address like firstname.lastname@example.org, I can use MyName@MyDomain.ws. For example you could have Sally@Smith.ws and each person in your family or business can use your domain name as well such as Bill@Smith.ws etc., up to 10 email addresses!
Professionally designed by graphic artists, these WebSite templates give you the foundation for building your own personal site. There is no programming or complicated coding, simply follow the easy-to-use instructions to create a dynamic and professional WebSite!
I can create your site quickly, then make changes if I'd like, or I can spend several hours creating the perfect site for myself. I also have 24/7 access to my WebSite’s control panel and can make changes at any time and as often as I'd like! I can also view the changes before I publish them to the world.
For more advanced customers, one can take advantage of our hosting service. This allows me to build a site from scratch bypassing some of the user-friendly restrictions built into the previously mentioned SiteBuilder option. This allows me to build a custom WebSite just as I want it, then upload the files to GDI's servers. Hosting gives the ultimate in flexibility!
GDI has scoured the web looking for diverse open source services that are powerful but don't require excessive technical know-how. They are continuously adding new plugins. Current Plugins include:
In addition to receiving awesome products, there is also an income opportunity for those who are interested!
Global Domains International, Inc. is the worldwide domain name registry for all .ws (Dot WS) domain names. Our product is an incredible $10 per month package that includes your own domain name, hosting accounts, and up to ten email accounts, plus an easy-to-use online web site builder that will allow you to get a professional looking web site on the web as quickly as possible. And the best thing is, you can try out everything we have to offer, starting today, for FREE.
The domain industry is exploding! Industry experts predict that over 500 Million domains will be active annually within the next ten years. GDI has no competition in the network marketing industry. We are the only company that has the ability to market our domain names through the power of network marketing, and we’re willing to pay you handsomely for helping us get the word out worldwide. There are no geographical or income limits with GDI.
If you have already taken a moment to watch our exciting, brief presentation, you already know this. If you haven’t, then click here and “Get Ready for the Ride of Your Life!”. Or, try out our income calculator and imagine the unlimited potential of this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Ways You are Compensated
5-Level Uni-Level Compensation
This is our standard compensation plan that ALL affiliates qualify for, even those who are still in their free trial period. Basically, you are paid $1 per month, per domain, that is registered in your 5 level network. A uni-level compensation plan is the most simple plan in network marketing, and the key to our quick growth.
You are not limited by width. You can refer as many people as you want to, and so can those people that you refer, and so on.
Here’s an example. You refer 5 people to our product/program. That pays you $5 per month. No big deal? Hang on, you’ll see the power of this. Each of those 5 people then refer 5 of their own, so you’re now getting paid an additional $25 per month on your “second level”. Each of those 25 can refer as many as they want, but for consistency we’ll say that they too refer 5 each. That’s $125 in monthly commissions on your 3rd level. If the trend continues, you’ll have $625 in monthly commissions on your 4th level, and $3,125 in monthly commissions on your 5th level.
That’s a total of over $3,900 in monthly commissions for referring 5 people, and then teaching those people how to do the same and assisting them in growing their own organizations. Keep in mind that nobody is limited in how many people they can refer. Some of our affiliates personally refer hundreds of other affiliates. Just a couple of these “go-getters” in your organization can really blow your income off the charts.